Apr
17

The Bammy! Awards

Filed Under (Uncategorized) by on April 17, 2013

Educators have taken a beating lately.  It is such an exciting time to be in education yet our jobs are more difficult than ever.  The media tends to focus on the negative aspects of education, but one organization is trying to change that. Last year the Academy of Education Arts and Sciences International created an award to recognize the many things that are going right in education.

The Bammy Awards is a cross-discipline honor that identifies and acknowledges the extraordinary work being done across  the entire education field every day– from teachers, principals and superintendents, to school nurses, support staff, advocates, researchers, school custodians, early childhood specialists, education journalists and parents.  The Bammy Awards were created to help reverse the negative national narrative that dominates the education field.

The Academy exists solely to recognize what is right in education by identifying, honoring and celebrating the collective contributions of professionals, paraprofessionals and support staff across the entire education community.
I was deeply honored to have been nominated for a Bammy by my dear friend and colleague, Tim Gwynn. While I would certainly be appreciative of your vote, what I would like even more is for you to nominate an outstanding educator in one or more of the 31 categories. Share the link to the Bammy Awards with everyone you know. Help the world see there are things to celebrate inside of our schools!

One Response to “The Bammy! Awards”

1.   Ciara Deese Says:

Hey my name is Ciara Deese, and I am a student at the University of South Alabama where I am taking EDM310. I really enjoyed this ost. You are exactly right about it being hard to be a teacher these days. My mom is a high school English teacher, and I know she works hard at school every single day. She teaches non stop from bell to bell.She never gets the credit she deserves for all the effort she uts in, and I know there are lenty of teachers all over the world facing the same issues. I think it is great that the Bammy Award is seeking out great teachers and giving them recognition for their work.

Reply